Sunday, August 7, 2011

Vacation Day 4, Departure for Europe

This morning we woke up, repacked our bags, and sat down for a pastry breakfast with the in-laws and our daughter. Mary and I are now sitting at SYR airport awaiting our flight to JFK, where we will catch our flight to Dublin later this evening. We should arrive in Amsterdam by noon local time on Monday (or 6AM tomorrow morning for all of you East coasters). Before leaving, I made sure all my batteries (primary phone battery, backup phone battery, and USB battery) were charged and ready to go. Hopefully, if I need a power topup, I will be able to find an open outlet during one of our two layovers.

Afternoon update - Arrived at JFK without issue, Mary had no problem with motion sickness on the tiny Embraer 145. Found Airtrain between terminal 3 and 4, only to discover the Aer Lingus counter does not open until 2:00PM. So now we have an hour to burn until check in.

Evening update - Just had dinner and a beer at Tigin Irish Pub in Terminal 4 of JFK. I went with a grilled cheese with bacon and chicken and mushroom soup, while Mary had a Strongbow Cider and mozzarella baguette sandwich. No complaints. We just stocked up on water, cough drops (for me),  trail mix, and chap stick (for Mary). Our plan is to forgo the onboard dinner and instead try to sleep for the majority of the 6.5 hour flight. We expect to board soon, so the next update should be after our arrival in Dublin, assuming I can locate WiFi.
















No comments:

Post a Comment