Thursday, August 4, 2011

Vacation Day 1, First Post from My Phone

Hello from the road, or rather the sky. We are currently inflight between Orlando, FL and Rochester, NY. Thanks to a great Blogger program, I will be able to write posts on the go and upload as soon as I have a data connection. So by the time this actually appears online, we will be on the ground and probably half way to Syracuse.

All subsequent posts during this trip will be written and uploaded using my HTC Evo phone (Android). For the next few days I will still have almost continuous cellular data service. However, after Sunday my phone will be placed into Airplane mode until we come home on Aug 16th. This means I will be updating when I have a good WiFi connection, time to blog, sufficient power, and the patience to thumb type. Nevertheless, expect pictures from the road, check my Facebook page for updates, and please forgive typos.

PS. We made it into Rochester without issue, where my mom picked us up. We met a friend for dinner at Zebbs (best chocolate chip cookies). Afterwards, my mom drove us on to Syracuse. We had an interesting drive, passing familiar sites from childhood trips on I-90 (Montezuma wildlife refuge, farms, and remnants of the Erie Canal). Despite having distracted my mom and driving past the 481 exit (next exit was 10 miles, which we had to redrive in opposite direction), we were able to get in by 10PM.






No comments:

Post a Comment