Saturday, August 6, 2011

Vacation Day 3, Family Photos and Wegmans

This morning all of my wife's family gathered together for family portraits. The brothers-in-law (or  the uncles as my daughter refers to them) had steaming coffee poured down their gullets to awake them from sleep deprived stupors. We assembled enmass, snapped individual, group, and family photos. During the after action review, my daughter, brothers-in-law, and I fled to explore the rest of the mall while the matriarchs (my wife and mother-in-law) and father-in-law decided which package best suited the collective need. After, we returned to the in-laws for a game of Apples to Apples and an early pot roast dinner (I wrote this entry and then took a nap on the couch before dinner).

After dinner my wife and I took a drive out to my parents to drop off a car that they graciously lent to us. We stopped by my wife's parent's lakehouse and eventually made our way to Wegmans grocery, which we really really miss in FL, even though Publix does try. We picked up a bottle of Belgian Framboise Lambic to share with the family before our departure for Europe tomorrow morning. We ended the evening with a lively game of Balderdash, a Moskowitz family tradition. Tomorrow we'll be up for a flight to JFK, then on to Dublin, and eventually Amsterdam.










No comments:

Post a Comment