Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Obsess much? (about me)

Of course, I love travel, I'm quite obsessed with it in fact (to the point that I drive my wife mad with all of my vacation ideas and plans). I seem to always have a new trip in the planning stages, even before I have taken the first. This is just my character, when I like something I tend to jump in with both feet pointed down.

My latest trip plans are pretty set, yet I still find myself reading through Rick Steve's, Fodor's, Frommer's, and TripAdvisor's European travel forums to find that new bit of information. Sometimes, a post will catch my eye, lighting a spark to find out more about an activity, site, or restaurant. When the spark blazes up, I'll end up changing my itinerary to incorporate. Other times, it will smolder and die out, if I can't fit it in or I want to retain some level of flexibility. I find I really enjoy the process of researching a destination just as much as actually going.

My travel obsessions are not limited to destinations either. I love to read about transportation (aircraft, trains, boats), travel gadgets, and travel clothing (SEV anyone?). Skymall is a must read for me, where else can I find out about packable shelves (not really something I would be into, but still cool)?



No comments:

Post a Comment