Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Last Week is Always the Longest

In four more days I will Central NY bound, to spend time with family and friends. Three days later (a week from today) I will be departing for NYC and then on to Amsterdam. I find my excitement growing with each day, but the passing of time seems to grow inversely proportionate in response. Luckily (I cannot believe I'm saying luckily in regards to working over a weekend), I have been able to go into work to take care of loose ends before I leave for two weeks and build up hours so I do not need to use as many vacation days. I have also been transfixed by the debt crisis, in terms of the potential immediate financial impact on my vacation (Will there be a spike in the Euro? Do I need to account for significantly more funding or are my levels good?) and the long-term effects on personal income (Government funded defense industry) and taxation. Between working and watching the news, the time has started to pass at a somewhat normal and consistent rate again. Of course when I'm on vacation, it will seem like I am in a timewarp, with each new day passing with the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment