Thursday, June 16, 2011

Iamsterdam Card

City tourist cards can be a great deal, if used correctly. Likewise, purchasing one blindly before knowing what you want to do or what the card provides can be an expensive waste of money. While performing research for my own two day stay in Amsterdam, I determined specific sites I want to see, the best (easiest) way to get around, and what it will costs me to do so. While looking for information for Amsterdam I came across the Iamsterdam City Card, which provides all-inclusive transportation options for 24, 48, and 72 hours.

For my time in Amsterdam I plan on seeing a multitude of popular sites, including the following:
The only major item not included in the card is the Anne Frank House, which has its own entrance fee of €8.50. Regardless, by tallying the individual costs for admission we end up with €75.50 compared to the €69 cost associated with the Iamsterdam Card, the 25% reduced fee for the Heineken Experience, and the full charge for the Anne Frank House. So for my trip, it should be worthwhile to buy the Iamsterdam Card as opposed to waiting in line and buying each admission seperately. If I had more time, I would have like to use the included canal cruise tour (from either Blue Boat or Holland International), but I had already pre-paid for a canal dinner cruise on Holland International. Maybe next time.

Iamsterdam is currently runnning a promotion for June, where the cost of the 72 hour card is reduced by 10%. You can either buy online or at the following locations:
  • Schiphol Airport (Arrival Hall 2 : Holland Tourist Information)
  • Central Station (Stationsplein 10 (opposite Centraal Station))
  • Amsterdam Zuid (GVB Tickets & Info)
  • Leidseplein (AUB Ticketshop or Canal Bus kiosk on the bridge between Leidseplein & Stadhouderskade)
  • Museumplein/Museumsquare (Keytours at Paulus Potterstraat 8)
  • Waterlooplein (Box-office Muziektheater, Amstel 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment