Thursday, December 22, 2011

All Packed Up and Ready to Go

For this trip we are ditching our traditional pack light philosophy. Because we are driving to the port and will not be subject to packing limitations, we've decided to dig the giant roller bag out of storage. This thing is seriously humungous. It's a massive bag. I actually think Mary can fit inside. We spent Sunday night packing everything we will need for seven nights at sea into this blue behemoth. Suits, check. Snorkel and masks, check. Swimsuits, check. Cash, check (this is a necessity above all else for unforeseen situations).

Holland America has a great wine carryon policy, there is no limit and you pay $18 per bottle corkage fee to drink your own in the dining rooms or bars. Wine/champagne can be consumed in your stateroom for no charge. Taking full advantage of this policy, Mary and I paid a visit to Total Wine and bought 12 bottles and a wine bottle carrier. Additionally, you are also free to bring as much water or soda as you want.

After a grueling week of work (last of 2011), finishing my data collection for my PhD, and completing my draft Dissertation Manuscript, I'm ready for this vacation. Check back from time to time, I will be posting updates when we stop in two US ports, San Juan and St Thomas. As Jimmy Buffet sings, "It's Christmas in the Caribbean."






No comments:

Post a Comment