Sunday, March 21, 2010

No Need for a Netbook

,I've been an avid supporter of netbooks, starting with the Asus EEE 700. I believe they are truly remarkable and portable devices, yet for my own 14 day trip to the UK I've decided to leave mine at home. Instead, I will be bringing my iPod Touch, which incidently I am using to write this post. I've preordered a device from Zoomit that, when coupled with an app, allows a user to transfer movies, pictures, and other files from an SD card to their iPod Touch/iPhone. Between this and some other iPod apps (i.e., DocsToGo), I will be able to read/edit/update my travel budget, read maps, listen to music, and upload files from my camera for posting.

For improved power storage I've purchased a portable battery that can be charged via USB and is able to charge most other USB devices (i.e., iPod, camera, etc.). This battery should buy me a day or two between charges if the need arises for my camcorder and iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment